Lottie from Little Lottie Travels recently nominated for Versatile Bloggers Award. Lottie is a young English girl who is passionate about traveling (especially solo) and has great solo budget tips as well as other adventure stories on her blog. I’d like to thank her for thinking of me for Versatile Bloggers Award. Be sure to check her blog out if you’re interested in traveling, and especially solo female budget travels! 🙂
What is Versatile Bloggers Award and what are the rules?
From Lottie’s blog she writes,
“The Versatile Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to other up-and-coming bloggers. It is designed to encourage new bloggers to keep up the good work, and help people to discover new blogs. It may kinda sound like we are all just patting each other on the back out here in blogger world, but there are some criteria for selection! When nominating someone for a Versatile Blogger Award, you must consider:
- the quality of the writing;
- the uniqueness of the subjects covered;
- the ‘level of love’ displayed in the person’s writing; and
- the quality of the photographs.”
The rules for accepting are:
- display the award on your website;
- thank the person who nominated you and share a link to their blog;
- share seven facts about yourself; and
- nominate up to 10 other bloggers for the award
7 facts about myself
Today is my 24th birthday, so it seems like it’s a perfect day to write something about me so that my readers can get to know me better. It was fun thinking 7 facts about myself and writing them down. 🙂
- I am a fan of geography and world culture. I grew up exploring atlas books and encyclopedia, memorizing country capitals and watching documentaries on topics such as the lifestyle of Himba people in Namibia. I still find these topics fascinating and do not mind spending hours on YouTube watching documentaries on countries, borders and culture.
- I am an Aquarius and I have a fascination with water, especially seas and oceans. I love being on the beach and water. Learning scuba diving is one of the things I want to do pretty soon. I also want to learn surfing in the future. This might be because of the fact that I grew up in landlocked Nepal, therefore seas and oceans are the most mystical and intriguing natural bodies to me. My heart is at peace when I am on a beach listening to sea/ocean waves and swimming/snorkeling on it.
- I used to have a pen friend from London when I was about 12 and we wrote a few times. Receiving a hand written letter all the way from London was so amazing! I spent hours on internet making virtual friends from many countries (of my age) like UK, Denmark, US, Australia etc because I was very interested in the lifestyles of people living abroad.
- When I was about 15 or 16, I started developing a fascination with Nordic countries. Low crime rates, low population, extremely beautiful nature, highly advanced societies, very good on gender development index, high ratio of metal bands (I used to heavily listen to metal for a couple of years when I was a teenager) – it sounded like utopia to me. 😀 I spent hours reading about these countries at the library and internet. I was particularly interested in Iceland among all and made it a mission to visit the country one day (hasn’t happened yet! 😉 ) This is also why I chose Finland for my higher studies when I was 18.
- My first abroad trip was to Japan when I was 13 or 14, and I was absolutely mesmerized by the entire experience. Japan was an entirely different world than Nepal and since then, my desire for traveling grew even stronger.
- My childhood memories are mostly defined by two colors: yellow and orange. Orange – my youthful mum used to wear a lot of orange and yellow because yellow houses shined brightly on sunny days in Kathmandu suburbs. I formed distinct memories around those things and thinking of those memories makes me smile.
- I thought I spoke 4 languages (Nepali, Hindi, English and Polish) until last year when I went to Sri Lanka. Some people there tried to speak in Hindi to me, and all I could utter was a gibberish of Polish, English. Nepali and Hindi words all mixed together! It was a shock because I understand almost everything in standard Hindi as North Indian cinema and TV channels dominate in Nepal, but I was shocked to find out I could only understand and not talk! 😛
My nominations for Versatile Bloggers Award are:
- Christina from justbluedutch
- Nandita and Raga from sending postcards home
- Urska from Slovenian Girl Abroad
- Len from Journeys Of Len
- The Wayfarer from Whiskey Sour Wayfarer
27 thoughts on “Versatile Blogger Award”
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Pooja! Wishing you all the best!
It is really interesting to know more about you through these seven facts, especially your interest in Nordic countries. I guess we both share this interest as I also fond of these countries and their egalitarian societies. Even in Germany, they are still unable to acquire that level of fairness. Thank you for nominating me and I gladly accept your nomination 🙂
Thank you, Len! 😀 Oh that is good to know that we share an interest. I spent 2.5 years in Finland as a student, so that quenched my curiosity of the Nordics to a great deal, but I still find that area of the world very interesting. 🙂 Looking forward to reading 7 facts about yourself! I always love reading those as they are quite insightful to a person 🙂
Congratulations Pooja, I really enjoyed reading your answers.
Thank you so much Vanessa! 🙂
i have your same hobbies since I was a child: watching documentaries, memorizing capitals etc we are very similar and I am happy to have found another girl like me 😀 congratulations for receiving this awrd, best wishes :3
Oh how interesting! 😀 thanks! 🙂 I am going to check out your blog now!
Happy birthday! Thanks for nominating me. I will get to it as soon as I think about 7 interesting things about myself 😛
Hehe thanks 😀 You’ll come up with the 7 facts in no time, I didn’t have to think much myself 🙂 Looking forward !
Happy Birthday and congratulations for the versatile blogger award 🙂
Iceland is also a country I would love to visit. I know still some guys from over there (through swimming) and the country just is so amazing!
Thank you so much 🙂
Yup, something very interesting about Iceland. I’ve to visit it at least once; it’s actually been easier because WizzAir (budget airline) now flies to Reykjavik from a few Polish cities 🙂 But I’ve to plan well as I want to spend more than just 2 or 3 days in that beautiful country. I hope you’ll also get to visit Iceland in the near future! 🙂
Happy Happy Birthday Pooja! and thank you once again for mentioning my Blog in this awesome Blog. From the moment you visited my page you are so full of love and warmth. Thank you for finding me so I can have the chance to know a person like you. Looking at your travel escapades, I know you are never a dull person-so interesting!
Looking forward to seeing more of you in my feed.
P.S – I will do my best to respond in this challenge. Thanks!
Thank you for your kind comment Christina! 🙂 I look forward to reading more of your interesting blog myself!. Take your time about the award 🙂 Sometimes I reply months after somebody has nominated me for awards/challenges hehe.
A very happy birthday to you Pooja 🎈🍰 And a big congrats to you on this award. Wishing you much happiness and fun. 😊
Hi Miriam. Thank you so much 🙂
My pleasure. Hope you had a great day.
Happy birthday!!!! 24 is the best age!! 🙂 You are so cute in that photo, too! We have a lot in common: the water fascination, obviously, but I too was mesmerized by Japan (though I was 30 when I visited, so a bit older than you were!) and I too had penpals as a teenager – tons of them! I loved getting letters from all over the world. Blogging is pretty similar, isn’t it? 😉 Congrats on the award, too!
What a sweet comment! 🙂 Thank you ❤ Hehe Japan always seems to blow people's minds away no matter where they come from ! They're so unique. Yes blogging is similar indeed. 🙂 The past year (23) had been fantastic for me (driving license, lots of travels etc 😀 ), let's see how my 24th will go 🙂
Good posts, beautiful blog.
Welcome to see my creations:
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
It is truly intriguing to know more about you through these seven realities, particularly your enthusiasm for Nordic nations.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you again 🙂
Sorry for super late reply and thank you so much for the nomination! It’s much appreciated! 🙂
Guys I am writing Blogs not only on my Photography on various subjects but also writing Blogs on social & spiritual matters.
I will be happy if you all go through my blog and put your valuable inputs to improve myself . Here is my blog link
Congrats on the award, dear! You deserve it 🙂 btw, we are both the same age haha
Oh that is so neat! 😀