I had seen award badge for Liebster on many blogs that I’ve visited but didn’t know much about it until I was nominated for one. In case you haven’t heard about it, Liebster award is an award given out by bloggers to fellow bloggers in order to create a network of bloggers and to recognize their work. I was nominated for this award by Jesse from travelandtrouvailles. She mostly writes about her travels on her blog with fantastic photos and is now on her exchange semester abroad in Spain, where I am sure she will have more interesting travel tales to tell. You should definitely check her blog out if you’re interested in travel and culture!
If the blogs I nominate want to accept the award, please go through the official rules and find out more about the award. The rules are:
- Recognize and thank the person who nominated you
- Provide the rules of the award (can link back to the official rules post)
- Answer the 11 questions posed by the nominator
- Provide 11 different questions to be answered by your nominees
- Nominate 5-11 blogs
- Give 10 random facts about yourself(optional)
Here are my answers to the really fun questions that Jesse asked.
-Why did you start writing your blog?
I started this blog mostly to document my travels. I also like writing about a variety of other topics such as culture difference, events in personal life and general experiences of living abroad since 5 years. I’ve gradually started sharing travel tips and interesting stories as I have been traveling more and more over the years, mostly within Europe.
-What is the best food item / dish you have tried abroad, and where was it?
I love eating , but my favorite so far has to be jackfruit curry in Sri Lanka. It was very spicy and eaten as a side dish with rice and fried lentils and I absolutely loved it. I would never get tired of it.
-If you had to choose one country (aside from your own) to move to permanently, which would you choose?
I would choose Australia. 5 years of living in colder part of Europe has made me appreciate sunny weather a lot more. Australia definitely would be it. There’s nothing not to love about friendly people, great beaches, sunny weather, barbecues and beer. And lot more. Although I am not at all complaining about European beers. 🙂
– What has been your favorite travel experience so far?
I have many favorite travel moments but one of my favorite travel experiences so far is my first snorkeling experience in the crystal clear waters of tiny Malta. I had never seen such clear sea before and snorkeling allowed me to see the underwater life so effortlessly that I was fascinated by the whole experience.
– Can you speak any foreign languages?
Yes. I speak English, Polish and Hindi. My mother tongue is Nepali.
– What is your preferred way to travel? (Bike / train / plane / walking, etc)
I like traveling by road. But it is not always possible due to the distance and time, especially if it’s international. When I am at a destination such as a city, town or village, I prefer exploring it on foot or on bicycle. I usually prefer going to different parts of the country I’m visiting by local transport means i.e buses, trains etc.
-What job do you do now / what do you want to do in the future?
I’ve been working as a junior software developer, since last year after I graduated. I think I will continue working as one because I enjoy it. In the future I want to continue traveling and writing about it as a hobby. We’ll see how it goes because there are many things that interest me.
-Where is your favorite place to be?
Definitely the beach. Growing up in landlocked Nepal, I am enchanted by beaches and seas and oceans. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore, the fresh air, sunsets and the sand. And of course swimming. There’s no place as relaxing as the beach for me.
-Do you like reading? If so, talk a bit about a book you’ve enjoyed.
I do not read that frequently and I definitely should. One of my favorite books from the few I have read is “The Beach” by Alex Garland. The novel is about the adventures of a backpacker who is determined to find the perfect beach. It is set in Thailand and at the time I was reading it, I was lying on the white sandy beaches in Cyprus, which resonated with the book very well.
-What’s your favorite animal?
I do not have any favorites. But I think rabbits, squirrels and kittens are ridiculously cute. I would like to have a pet (dog or cat) sometime in the future.
-List three things on your bucket list
My bucket list keeps changing. However, I would like to do the following three things as soon as possible:
- Visit Iceland.
- See the fjords of Norway.
- Travel to one of the Greek islands. Any islands there, but I’ve especially heard many good things about Thassos and Crete.
My questions to the nominees are:
- Why did you start this blog?
- Do you blog full-time? If not, how do you find time to manage the content?
- Talk about the best book you’ve read and why you liked it.
- Where was your first international travel? Did you like it?
- What is your favorite travel experience?
- What is your least favorite/worst travel experience?
- If you could change your nationality, what would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite time/season of the year and why?
- What is the most interesting conversation you’ve had with a stranger when abroad?
- Have you traveled in your own country extensively?
- What three places would like to visit the most?
I nominate the following blogs for Liebster award: