Hi there! Welcome to my blog.
The best words I can use to describe myself would be: curious, moody, thoughtful and a couch potato who likes to read, listen, travel and write. I have long been intrigued with geography and world culture , and that led me to pursue my further studies in Finland. This step alone has opened doors to my many endeavors. The blog is mostly a journal about my travel experiences – mostly budget travels, culture differences with my native country and everyday life here in Europe. The photos I use on the blog are mine. I appreciate the bittersweet of life and try to find positives in things. Currently based in Poland, from the mystical land of Nepal.
Update [October, 2016 and March, 2017]
I’ve a new found love for cooking, or more like eating good food, traveling to countrysides and small towns, crystal clear blue seas and colorful autumns in this part of the world. Like many 20 somethings, I am also in the process of figuring it all out but I am very much enjoying the process! 1.5 years of entering the ‘real world’, as in holding a full-time job, has taught me a thing or two about life, people, relationships and finances. I’ve started to slowly understand Polish humor and enjoy the taste of ogorki kiszone (pickled cucumbers) after almost 3 years of living in Poland! Traveling is one of my main interests. I also really enjoy the months of planning, research and reading leading to the actual travel. Traveling while working full-time is not easy, so I am trying to make the most of my annual free days and weekends. You’ll find that I remember all public holidays of the year and have trips booked 6 months in advance. There are many places that are on my bucket lists but to spare you from boredom, I will instead list the activities that I would really like to do in the near future:
- Hot air balloon ride. Maybe somewhere romantic and famous like Cappadocia, Turkey? I can dream, can’t I 😉
- S̶c̶u̶b̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ : First experience in the Philippines, Feb 2017
- S̶n̶o̶r̶k̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ Diving in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia.
- C̶a̶m̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶n̶r̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ Wasn’t as serene as I thought it’d be. Done in Port Barton Philippines, March 2017.
- Hiking/trekking Nepal’s amazing mountains.
- Floating on the Dead Sea.
- Sailing around the Mediterranean. And I don’t know how to sail yet.
- Road trip across some Southern states in the US.
If you have any questions or comments about the blog, I can be reached at: goody2bags[at]hotmail.com.